UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Finance Associate (Financial Support)
Position Number: 10014062, 10014058
Category & Level: General Service, G-6
Location: Accounts and Financial Services (AFS)
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 30 November 2015
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts and Financial Service (formerly Financial Control Section) is responsible for the maintenance of financial accounting and management accounting, in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the United Nations and the UNHCR Financial Rules. As part of the Financial Support Systems and Reporting Section, the Financial Support Systems and Reporting Unit is mainly responsible for provision of advice and support to users at HQ and in the field on the technical aspects of UNHCR accounting procedures.
The incumbent of this position is under direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer (NOD) who provides general advice and guidance. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments.
- MSRP functionality and tools are utilized efficiently.
- Users at HQ and in the field are provided with technical support, as appropriate.
- Users at HQ and in the field are familiar with requirements and instructions relating to the month-end and year-end closing of accounts.
- Provide guidance and technical support to users at HQ and in the field, mainly relating to the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management accounting, Inventory accounting, Treasury accounting, Global Payroll accounting, as well as customized public queries and nVision reports, Chartfield creation and maintenance, and opening and closing of financial periods.
- Contribute to proposals for training plans, and undertake field missions for training on MSRP.
- Create new Chartfields and maintain MSRP Trees based on requests from external Units.
- Create and maintain customized public queries and nVision reports.
- Update the Spending Authority on a daily basis, create and maintain budget models, including Chartfields and FX rates used by those models, maintain budget roles and system interface functions.
- Coordinate and control the opening and closing of accounting periods in MSRP.
- Disseminate the month-end close schedule every month and ensure that the schedule is followed by all units; communicate any delays to all affected parties.
- Run administrative and staff expense allocations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare weekly, monthly or ad hoc reports that meet functional requirements.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closure of UNHCR’s accounts.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Draft required reports and budget models.
- Propose improvements to accounting procedures and suggestions for system development.
- Carry out training activities at HQ and in the field.
- Obtain from HQ and field offices any information necessary to carry out his/her responsibilities
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum six years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance.
- Working experience with ERP Systems, such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
- Managing resources.
- Analytical thinking.
- Technological awareness.
- Planning and organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Exposure to humanitarian field operations and specific training/learning activities of UNHCR.
- Working knowledge in French.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name – Finance Associate (Financial Support) (10014062, 10014058) position – CV Online” in the subject line to: E-mail cím megjelenítése by 30 November 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at this Link megjelenítése