Engineer (Roads Development) - Aberdeenshire
A unique and challenging opportunity has arisen in one of Scotland's best and most progressive local authorities. Aberdeenshire Council have a vacancy for an Engineer in Roads Development.
As a qualified Civil Engineer with experience in the design, construction and/or maintenance of public roads, you are organised, self-motivated and possess keyboard and computer skills to enable manipulation and presentation of information within Microsoft Office.
Duties include administering Roads Construction Consent regulations and giving professional roads advice to Planning colleagues and Elected Members. You will also be expected to carry out other statutory duties of a Roads Authority including road adoptions, street naming etc and work closely with colleagues in small Roads Development teams based in Banff, Inverurie and Stonehaven.
Aberdeenshire Council recognises that in order to recruit high quality employees it is necessary to have a competitive relocation and resettlement scheme. Candidates who meet the qualifying criteria can be reimbursed for costs incurred up to £8,000 excluding VAT. Further details are available at: arcadialite.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/RRProcedure.pdf
Location: Base negotiable Banff Inverurie or Stonehaven
Informal Enquiries to: Marion Gibb tel
To support the Principal Engineer (Roads Development) in all aspects of Roads Construction Consent (RCC), Planning Consultations and any other Roads Development matters.
- Processing RCC applications. Ensuring that proposals comply with current standards, liaising with developers, and completing all required paperwork
- Liaising closely with RCC Inspector to ensure that all construction work complies with approved Consent, including attending site inspections and site meetings when required
- Responding to Aberdeenshire Council's Planning Service via the IDOX system with regard to planning consultations. Replying to any other planning-related correspondence from the Planning Service, developers or members of the public
- Representing Infrastructure Services at planning site meetings, including those held by the local Area Committee. Advising Councillors on Roads Development matters
- Deputising for the Principal Engineer (Roads Development) as required, including attendance at formal Area Committee meetings
- Undertaking statutory duties in relation to Road Adoptions; Street Naming; Property Clearance Certificates; and Vehicle Operators Licences
- Experience in construction of roads
- Experience in design of roads
- HNC/HND/ BSc in a relevant subject
- Ability to travel throughout Aberdeenshire
- Recent experience of Microsoft Office to enable the extraction, manipulation and presentation of information
- Knowledge and understanding of general roads management issues (eg maintenance, street lighting, traffic management, etc)
- Analytical skills
- Commitment to providing a high quality service delivery and is customer focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and with the ability to motivate others to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships with service users, operational teams, delivery partners and colleagues
- Experience in representing the Service/ Council/ Organisation at meetings/events
- BEng /I Eng/ M Eng/ C Eng in a relevant subject
- Experience of dealing with the public and Councillors
- Awareness of general planning procedures and consultations
- Ability to exercise own judgement and work in a methodical manner
Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />