Energy Management Assistant - London
Energy Management Assistant
£23,500 pa + London allowance of £3,698 pa if applicable
35 hours per week
Eynesbury PE19, or London WC1X
Are you passionate about issues surrounding energy usage and sustainability? Do you pride yourself on your organisational and analytical skills? If so, you could be ideally equipped to take on the role of Energy Management Assistant for Hanover - one of England's leading providers of housing for older people.
Join us and you'll be part of a national organisation committed to the delivery and innovation of high quality housing and services, which facilitate choice and independence for people in later life.
Reporting to the Energy Efficiency Manager, you'll assist in improving the integrity of Hanover's energy data, providing considered remedial actions for energy wastage. In addition, you'll:
• Administer and act upon all enquiries arising from Hanover's communal energy contract
• Liaise with and monitor Hanover's communal energy broker against KPIs
• Monitor energy metering and billing, ensuring this is accurate and acting promptly on overbilling
• Communicate with the Finance and Leasehold Team to resolve issues
• Provide energy cost and consumption profiling.
To succeed in the role of Energy Management Assistant you'll be aware of the key energy and sustainability issues that affect social housing. You'll be able to demonstrate excellent presentation skills alongside the ability to identify trends, think logically and negotiate. Furthermore, you'll also have:
• A dynamic and incisive approach to data analysis and reporting
• A progressive, proactive, solution-driven attitude
• A good level of numeracy and computer literacy
• The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both internal and external
• A flexible, committed approach to work - including the willingness to travel to attend meetings, and to take part in training which will allow you to develop in the role.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, as is an energy / sustainability related degree or equivalent.
Closing date: 11 July 2014
Interviews: 7 August 2014
To apply for this job, and for the full story on Hanover, please visit our website .
If you have any questions about the role, please call Luke Jackson, Energy Efficiency Manager on .Employment is subject to a satisfactory Standard Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).