Technical Product Manager
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
The Technical Product Manager will lead, own and drive the evolution of Diligent’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution. This role is responsible for gaining an in-depth knowledge of customers’ needs, understanding the specifics of Diligent’s business domain, and corporate strategy to support the Diligent Platform program
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for planning and directing the work of Product Owners within the domain or across domains with a 6-18 month horizon, tracking their work, setting clear, measurable, aggressive but achievable objectives, removing impediments and ensuring the team can progress.
The role will also include responsibility for establishing the priority of work in the product backlog and communicating that priority to business stakeholders and developers through frequent planning interactions. In addition, the role will work with the team to refine requirements (backlog items and use cases) and will deliver to maximize the value provided by team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be the lead on shaping Diligent’s next generation platform.
- Shape the Diligent Platform Identity and Access Management (IAM) system to be the core and center IAM for the complete product suite.
- The Technical Product Manager is responsible for planning and directing the work and detailing and communicating requirements for the entire Identity domain.
- Enable the integration of internal applications and 3rd parties with Diligent IAM system
- Drive the adoptions of the IAM by all internal teams and products.
- Understands functional capabilities and user scenarios for their product, components, and dependencies.
- Work closely and collaborate with UI/UX and Software Architect colleagues to conceptualize requirements, turning high level requirements into wireframes, walkthroughs, final designs and assets.
- Lead meetings within the SCRUM framework
- Deliver high quality user experiences on multiple platforms (Mobile, Web, Desktop) for users in multiple levels of the corporate hierarchy.
- Lead requirement creation efforts with business and technical communities.
- Work with a cross functional team to carry out requirements
- Problem solving and strategic thinking in software design within the paradigms of Mobile, Web and Desktop applications.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- The Technical Product Manager will create and maintains an 18 month roadmap for the domain and present that roadmap to cross-functional audiences. The Technical Product Manager will identify impediments and pursue their resolution with peers or with help from senior management, as necessary.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- 5-10 years experience as a Product Manager in an agile environment with a strong technical background
- Technical Knowledge of the IAM domain and related industry standards (highly desirable)
- Experience with IDAAS e.g., Okta, AzureAD, Ping, OneIdentity (highly desirable)
- Experience in working with API products (highly desirable)
- SaaS company and product experience, ideally for B2B products/market strategy
- Experience of agile product development and SCRUM methodologies
- Demonstrate experience interacting directly with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and consensus building skills
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and ability to coordinate with other development teams both internally and externally