The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
As "Senior Tester Quality Assurance Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in the field of cloud and container based on OpenStack. You drive the further development of the OpenStack cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of Public Cloud, Open Source and Security.
- You will design and develop tests that ensure the stability and functionality of the Open Telekom Cloud.
- You deal with the regular and automated implementation of product tests, integration tests, field tests and acceptance tests.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You write, read and correct requirements documents in cooperation with the manufacturer.
- You design several test levels with many individual measures (examples: interface test, functionality of the computing power, load test, recommissioning, etc.)
- You uncover errors by assigning concrete detail requirements (usability, functionality, security, etc.) and considering contractually regulated or legal requirements.
Elvárások / Requirements
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on Cloud Technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Kubernetes, Terraform) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- Experience in the field of test automation and the use of related tools (such as Robot Framework/ Tosca/ Selenium).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, system tools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
- You are familiar with object-oriented programming languages (ideally: Python, Go).
- Good knowledge of agile development processes and experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps, CI/CD, CT).
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence).
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Business fluent German and English, written and spoken.