The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
As a "Senior Engineer Hardware Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in cloud and hardware technology. You are driving the further development of the OpenStack cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interests of customers and the open source community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You take care of the structured expansion of our data centers with new Hardware.
- You ensure the safe operation of our platform despite hyper-scale growth.
- You coordinate service providers, e.g. for construction, maintenance and data protection services.
- You qualify new hardware and develop standards for Server, Storage and Network Hardware for roll-out in our data centers.
- You are responsible for accurate asset management.
- You take care of site management in our data centers.
- You develop the Hardware architecture of the platform in cooperation with the manufacturer.
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of public cloud, open source and security.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
Elvárások / Requirements
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the ICT area, ideally with a focus on modern cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based) and in-depth experience in building and operating data centers.
- In-depth knowledge of Server, Storage and Network Equipment in data centers.
- Many years of experience in at least two of the following areas: enterprise server solutions, enterprise storage solutions, rack-level power design / management, complex network cabling design.
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker).
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, Systemtools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Good knowledge of agile development processes.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Knowledge in automation, e.g. Ansible.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken