As "Senior Developer Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in the field of cloud and container technology based on OpenStack. You drive the further development of the OpenStack cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
The following tasks are part of this:
- You will drive the further development of the Open Telekom Cloud towards PaaS and SaaS services using agile development methods (DevOps).
- You will develop automated solutions for cloud operation
- You help with your professionally developed tools to make the operation of the platform as efficient and as secure as possible.
- You work enthusiastically and hands-on directly on the technology.
- You take care of an adequate monitoring of your area of responsibility and develop tests for our quality assurance.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of Public Cloud, Open Source and Security.
Elvárások / Requirements
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on Cloud Technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Kubernetes, Terraform) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects.
- In-depth experience in at least two programming languages, preferably Python, Go or Java.
- Strong experience in infrastructure automation with Ansible, Ansible Tower and/or AWX or other comparable frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt).
- Familiar with system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, system tools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies.
- Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
- Good knowledge of agile development processes and tools (DevOps, CI/CD, CT).
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept using necessary scripting languages and other tools to test the concepts in practice.
- Fluent English, written and spoken