Undergraduate Studies Management
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Rolling, open until filled
Full or Part Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for an Assistant position. The role is located in Budapest, Hungary until September 2020 (with occasional travel as requested to Vienna), and in Vienna from September 2020.
From September 2020 Central European University will offer two exciting new BA programs, both taught by our world-class faculty specializing in the social sciences and humanities, and with the added value of offering dual Austrian and American degrees. Our BA programs are tailored for students who seek an international BA experience in small classroom settings, who appreciate having the choice to tailor their programs to meet their own interests, and who relish a challenging academic experience while living in one of Europe’s most beautiful and culturally rich cities.
For more information about the department, please visit: www.ceu.edu/undergraduate
Duties and responsibilities:
- Administrative support for the Dean of the Undergraduate Studies
- Coordinating undergraduate program administrative and operational activities with other CEU units (e.g. student support units, academic departments etc.)
- Conducting research related to the operations, practices, and policies of undergradute programs
- Preparing meeting minutes, policy documents etc.
- Participation in establsihing the operational processes of the undergraduate programs
- Supporting internal and external reporting connected to the undergraduate programs
- Participating in planning strategic development with external and internal partners, and establishing operational processes.
Skills and competencies:
- Bachelor degree (at least)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a must. Experience in writing summaries, minutes, policies is an advantage.
- Proficiency in using Office 365 and MS products
- Proficiency in spoken and written German is an advantage.
- Experience in working with CEU is an advantage
- Previous Higher Education sector experience is an advantage
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- A cover letter
- A full resume
- A writing sample, preferably business correspondence.
Please send your complete application package including job code in subject line: 2020/011.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu