The Logistics Manager reports to the Plant Manager. The purpose of this position is to satisfy clients request by guaranteeing the efficient inbound and outbound flow of goods, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Receives and handles customer’s sale orders, negotiates the delivery schedule according to production capacity and warehouse availability and keeps customers updated on the production status
- Plans the production program in coordination with the Production Manager, calculates the material needs (raw material, packaging materials, etc.) and makes the related orders to guarantee the supply of material to the production lines
- Plans and manages deliveries and transfers of material, finished products, spare parts, samples, etc.; manages all transport documentation and import/export procedures
- Supervises the warehouse management, plans and manages warehouse staff activities and guarantees order, cleanliness and health and safety standards
- Supports the Procurement department and/or the Plant Manager in finding suppliers, collecting quotes, negotiating prices and issuing Purchase Orders
- Supervises, coordinates and supports the Logistics and Warehouse team, managing priorities, eliminating, bottlenecks and addressing critical issues
- Identifies, implements and leads logistics improvement projects to streamline flow and remove bottlenecks across the entire supply chain
- Plans and manages periodical inventories
- Manages the waste disposal process (suppliers, documentation, tracking systems, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the supply chain process
- Excellent applied knowledge of WCM standards
- Good knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM)
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment rules and practices
- Good applied knowledge of an ERP system (preferably SAP)
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Accountability. Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
- Leadership. Spend your time and energy to ensure members of your team understand the importance of their work. Develop your team to reach greater and bigger goals and create our future leaders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or in the logistics field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Logistics in an FMCG company