Staff Program Manager, Hardware Services
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The NI Hardware Services Team has an immediate opening for a Hardware Services Program Manager. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for maintaining strong customer relationships and ensuring successful delivery of hardware services to meet the expectations of NI’s customers. The Hardware Services Program Manager will work with a wide and diverse set of people and resources to define and manage service delivery to ensure customer success with NI services.
The HWS Program Manager works closely with internal teams including: Product Management, Customer Operations, NI Manufacturing, Service Managers and Sales Account Managers throughout Americas, Asia, and Europe.
To be a successful HWS Program Manager, you should demonstrate strong interpersonal, teamworking, and effective communication skills paired with customer service and solution driven mentality to collaborate with team members and external customers to identify, analyze, and solve problems in fast paced environments. Additionally, a successful HWS Program Manager has strong alignment to the culture, values, and mission of NI, the NI Services function, and the Hardware Services team.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Customer Management: work directly with Sales and customer to develop service proposal, set expectations and SLAs for service delivery. Identify customer needs and overseeing service delivery within the business context. Manage escalations. Assess customer feedback and use your creativity to establish, improve, and refine services. Attend or lead customer on-site events and service reviews.
- Act as the single point of contact for the: project or service agreement execution. Develop a communication plan and ensure execution to the plan, resulting in professional and consistent communication with the customer and other stakeholders. Accurately identify and communicate internal and external customers’ needs. Organize and facilitate operations reviews that ensure key stakeholders are presented with accurate and concise information to make decisions.
- Influence others to ensure successful service delivery: frequently collaborate with other departments such as manufacturing, R&D, operations, quality and sales and lead with influence to ensure the success of your project or service delivery. Communicate project updates to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Lead project analysis on resource, schedule & budget planning and risk assessment: Monitor and report out to stakeholders on project costs, status, quality; escalate issues when necessary. Evaluates and approves changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project or service agreement.
- Create project plans that drive successful, measurable project execution: Ensure technical feasibility, financial viability, risk assessment and schedule are well understood by stakeholders. Identify and document customer requirements. Work with project team to determine the technical and operational plan. Create a work breakdown structure to plan project budget and routinely reassess as needed. Actively manage risks to identify changes and mitigation strategies. Clearly communicate all schedule constraints and delivery milestones. Ensure deliverables are met according to SLA.
- Drive alignment and prioritization with cross-functional teams: Lead team meetings. Manage escalations and report out to senior leadership. Drive alignment and prioritization with cross-functional teams. Attend or lead customer meetings to discuss service capabilities and develop relationships.
Behavioral Traits for Success
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with team members and external customers
- Solution driven - strong analytical skills to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Strong personal organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and quickly switch context
- Possess strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Information Systems; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in customer service, business analysis and/or project management
- Strong English skills is a must (ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing in various circumstances, including customer-facing meetings
- Experience leading cross-functional teams or projects
- Willing and able to travel up to 20%
- Experience managing maintenance or services program in automotive or semiconductor industry
- Demonstrated success in managing complex global projects; high attention to detail
- Proven success in meeting aggressive deadlines and ability to handle high stress situations
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing in various circumstances, including customer-facing meetings
- Understanding of high-tech service industry
- Experience with Oracle and Salesforce Applications
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to create a path to success.
The people: We’re looking for curious and creative problem solvers who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and willing to take chances.
The ideas: What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to make their visions a reality.
The technology: With our tailored, software-connected approach, we support our customers through all phases of the product development cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer Ambitiously every day.
We’ve long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another to build innovative solutions.
No matter your career path, we’re here for you, for each other, and for the next generation of innovators who think bigger, aim higher, and go faster.
Are you up for the challenge of helping shape humanity for the next 100 years? If so, let’s get started, and let’s Engineer Ambitiously together.