Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full- Or Part-Time: Part-time (20 hrs/week)
The Development Office at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a Development Assistant position, based in Budapest with occasional travel to Vienna. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
CEU’s Development Office (DEVO) is responsible for securing philanthropic support and developing strategic partnerships to help sustain the University and ensure that CEU has the financial resources needed to continue to innovate through its undergraduate and graduate education, research, and community engagement programs. This support comes primarily from foundations, corporations, and individuals, complementing revenues from a variety of other sources. The Development team works with current and potential donors to identify mutual interests and support investments across the University, while liaising with faculty and staff to demonstrate the impact of these contributions. DEVO also engages potential donors and friends of the university through an array of cultivation and stewardship activities, including recognition programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.
The Development Assistant will play a key role in meeting rapidly accelerating fundraising targets by ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of the Development Office as the university develops a new campus in Vienna and implements its CEU 2025 vision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist frontline fundraising: Provide administrative and logistical support to fundraising staff. This includes:
- Calendar management and meeting/event support
- Travel arrangements, including bookings, travel itineraries, and scheduling
- Correspondence and document preparation
- Data entry to ensure fundraising activity is accurately recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database
- Office administration:
- Prepare expense and reimbursement forms; assist with procurement processes in SAP
- Assist in timely gift processing in accordance with CEU’s policy on contributed support
- Maintain and update mailing lists
- Administer large and small-scale mailings
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- English fluency at native or near-native level; knowledge of German is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years in an Administrative or Executive Assistant role, or comparable experience
- Fundraising and/or higher education experience is preferred
Professional Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent writing, editing & communication skills in English
- Tech-savvy with proficiency with SAP and other database and mailing tools; skilled in all Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Outcomes focused, solutions-oriented and flexible
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Detail- and efficiency-oriented
- Ease in working with people, including students, staff, faculty, trustees and donors from all over the world
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- A cover letter
- A full resume
- A writing sample, preferably business correspondence.
Please send your complete application package - including job code in subject line: 2020/503
Only complete applications will be considered.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.