Description of position:
On behalf of our client we are looking for a Database Administrator in Amsterdam to join a growing team, delivering world-class services to a global telecommunication company.
The Database Administrator drives the design, creation, optimization, and maintenance of databases.
This position will support a team of developers for multiple database technologies including MongoDB and Oracle. This is an amazing opportunity for Database Administrator in Amsterdam to join a great team,delivering world-class services to a global telecommunication company.
• Install and upgrade Oracle and corresponding application tools.
• Create and alter database storage structures.
• Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning.
• Write and deploy SQL patches.
• Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades.
• Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements.
• Configuring and monitoring replica sets.
• Selection, inserting large amounts of data.
• Performing Security measures, backups and restore backups.
• User Management • creating users, assigning roles, managing permissions.
• Provide guidance and support to Application Developers.
• Collate, prepare and present statistical information for internal and external use.
• 4 days onsite work in Amsterdam, and 1 day remote work from anywhere.
•All accomodation and travel costs are covered by our client.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
• 5+ years of experience as a Database Administrator.
• 2+ years of focused MongoDB Enterprise Edition DBA experience.
• Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems.
• Very good SQL skills.
• Very good PL-SQL skills.
• Skilled in backups & disaster recovery.
• Advanced LINUX skills, 5-8 years of experience; command line, scripting, etc.
• Experience in SQL Server or MySQL is a plus.
• Must have a very high level of self-motivation.
• In possession of a valid EU work permit.
• Good command of the English language • other languages are a plus.
• Flexibility in working hours.
Experience in multinational and multicultural environments.
Good command of the English language
Short company info:
Our client is a large European Cable Operator offering triple-pay and over-the-top video services to its customers.
What our client offers:
• Great team, international experience
• Outstanding daily rate and carrier opportunity
• Accomodation and travelling costs are covered
• Carrier development opportunity
• 1 day remote work (after a few month it may be longer)
By submitting an application form or sending your curriculum vitae electronically, you will be giving the employees of PBS International Ltd. the approval and acknowledgement to access, handle and record the personal details you have submitted for application and registration processing. During the course of your application and in the future event that a prospective party expresses professional interest in you, we will only forward your details onto our clients upon your exclusive and prior approval. For a more detailed view of our data security terms and to accept all of our terms and conditions please visit the link here: http://www.pbs-job.hu/?pagetype=data_protection&menu_block=for_employees