NI is seeking a strategic Contracts Manager to become a member of the Deal & Contractual Structuring Services organization. The candidate will have the primary responsibility for managing complex technology contract negotiations at NI. This is a strategic role that requires a candidate to ensure contracts and contracting procedures are used to execute business strategies while enabling and securing business performance.
- Negotiating, structuring, drafting, and reviewing a variety of commercial and public agreements related to technology sales including hardware, software, partner, and services agreements.
- Coordinating with other functional teams such as Legal, Finance, Operations, and Sales on the development and management of complex commercial and public technology transactions.
- Providing contract management support to National Instruments business teams
- Serving as an essential business partner in shaping business strategy, identifying business risks and defining company policies and procedures
- Training internal clients on various corporate policies, procedures, contractual provisions, issues, approaches and preferred practices.
- Partner with International Contract Managers to align on global account strategy and agreements.
- Drafting contract summaries for internal review
- Escalating non-standard terms and conditions for approval according to Austin, TX Escalation Matrix
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sales and Contract Operations Business Fundamentals
- Accounting and Procurement Management
- General Business Acumen and Financial Principles
- Strong negotiation, drafting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, initiative, and ability to use independent judgement
- Time management and the ability to manage multiple projects and clients
- Excellent business judgement and ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to both legal and non-legal professionals
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to influence different functions and geographies and to build consensus where lines of authority may not be direct
- Proficiency in seeking input from senior business management based upon articulate and succinct evaluation and recommendation
- Law Degree, Contract Management certification, or extensive contract management experience
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English and French OR Italian
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and executing contracts with Fortune 100 accounts
- Experience supporting a sales organization including the use of CRM tools and processes
- Experience drafting global agreements that span across business units and geographies
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to create a path to success.
The people: We’re looking for curious and creative problem solvers who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and willing to take chances.
The ideas: What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to make their visions a reality.
The technology: With our tailored, software-connected approach, we support our customers through all phases of the product development cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer Ambitiously every day.
We’ve long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another to build innovative solutions.
No matter your career path, we’re here for you, for each other, and for the next generation of innovators who think bigger, aim higher, and go faster.
Are you up for the challenge of helping shape humanity for the next 100 years? If so, let’s get started, and let’s Engineer Ambitiously together.