Limagrain Europe breeds, produces and commercializes field seeds to farmers. Investments in Research and Development reach 14.3% of the annual Group turnover. Their products are sold in 50 countries through their 20 subsidiaries and many distributors. The brands are: LG and Advanta®. As one of the European leaders in wheat and forage maize, the LG brand is also a main player in sunflower and winter oilseed rape.
Limagrain Europe is a Business Unit of Limagrain. The fourth largest seed company worldwide, Limagrain is an international agricultural cooperative group, founded and managed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain distributes field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products.
Breeding research associate
The Limagrain Maize Breeding organization is expanding, and we are looking for a candidate to join our organization as breeding research associate supporting a breeding project based in Szeged, Hungary. This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop your career working in a multi-disciplinary international environment, implement the breeding project: plan, lead and monitor the operational activities and scientific initiative.
- Organize and implement the operational aspects of the breeding project: seed preparation, sowing, pollinations, scoring, sampling for genotyping, harvesting, shipment to counter season, reception of counter season seeds.
- Design nursery and field trials
- Executing breeding related tasks in the summer and winter nurseries.
- Realize assessment of lines by visiting and scoring trials and nurseries, to collect and develop a robust knowledge of the germplasm, including travel in Ukraine and Russia.
- Manage the project in the breeding IT systems.
- Analyze all data with appropriate tools
- Assist the Breeding Project Leader in the breeding decisions
- Collaborate in scientific initiatives closely with multi-disciplinary teams to contribute to implementation of new breeding methods, tools or software.
- Manage a breeding team in accordance with the Leadership and managerial referential expected level in place.
- Ensure that all team members follow the company standards (health, safety and environment and other).
- Maintains a strong relation with other teams of Limagrain Field Seeds (breeding stations, product development and marketing, pathology group, seed producers, logistic groups, etc.), regularly participates at meetings and study trips abroad.