The integrated control system (ICS) division within the machine directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, is looking for consultant as automation engineer to strengthen the execution of the division's engineering activities.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, implement, test, simulate and document PLC and HMI code for Protection/Safety Systems.
- Document changes in line with GAMP.
- Design PLC code towards a high degree of reliability, availability, maintainability, and inspect-ability and propose means of optimization.
- Prepare, execute and document functional verification and validation of PLC code for Protection/Safety Systems.
- Be involved in reviewing PLC code from other systems and projects within the Protection Systems Group.
- Support relevant PLC code maintenance activities.
- Actively participate in the integration of equipment/systems located in the accelerator, target station and the neutron instruments into the overall ESS Machine Protection Strategy.
- Participate & execute test and commissioning protocols for PLC and Electrical systems.
- Participate in planning and reporting
- Reporting weekly progress/issues/next steps to work package managers
- Support work package and project managers with technical competence
- Ensure that all work executed in accordance with ESS quality assurance, ICS integration strategy and ES&H policies
- Actively participate in work with deliverable and process quality
The following are required qualifications for the positions:
- University degree in relevant field such as Automation, computer science or information technology with strong focus on PLC development and optimization, software engineering, networks, programmable electronics, SCADA systems and frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in using TIA portal programming tools, including HMI development.
- Strong experience in programing safety PLCs.
- Strong experience in GDP, GAMP.
- Experience in simulating PLC and HMI programs.
- Experience in documenting software requirements, designs and tests.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills are mandatory; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage