Assistant to the Dean
Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Rolling, open until filled
Full or Part Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Studies at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for an Assistant position. The role is located in Budapest, Hungary until September 2020 (with occasional travel as requested to Vienna), and in Vienna from September 2020.
From September 2020 Central European University will offer two exciting new BA programs, both taught by our world-class faculty specializing in the social sciences and humanities, and with the added value of offering dual Austrian and American degrees. Our BA programs are tailored for students who seek an international BA experience in small classroom settings, who appreciate having the choice to tailor their programs to meet their own interests, and who relish a challenging academic experience while living in one of Europe’s most beautiful and culturally rich cities.
For more information about the department, please visit: www.ceu.edu/undergraduate
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Assistant completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Dean including:
- Managing a very active calendar of appointments
- Preparing and managing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Working closely and effectively with the Heads of Programs to keep the Dean well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Providing overall support to the Dean´s Office and its senior staff
- Prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Interfacing with a variety of different visitors including high-profile guests in a professional manner
- Handling different academic administration responsibilities: academic reports, reappointment, promotion and academic review processes and faculty hire searches. Organizer and minute-taker for meetings
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the Dean’s office
- Monitoring and ordering supplies, stationery, business cards, and other requested items
- Managing floor planning and room assignments for guest lecturers
- Responding to ad hoc inquiries related to office management
- Managing and updating the office contacts list.
- Bachelor degree (minimum)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a must. Experience in writing summaries, minutes, policies is an advantage.
- Proficiency in using Office 365 and MS products
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving, actively seeking opportunities and proposing solutions
- Proficiency in spoken and written German is an advantage.
- Experience in working with CEU is an advantage
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- A cover letter
- A full resume
- A writing sample, preferably business correspondence.
Please send your complete application package including job code in subject line: 2020/011.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu