We are currently looking for a
Database Expert in the Trading Fee Controlling group
for our Budapest Office
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,200 offices in 42 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
The Brokerage & Clearing Financial Control Group is responsible for the monthly financial close (e.g. accruals, allocations, etc.), reconciliation functions, ensure timely payments are made to our brokers/exchanges/clearing organizations, as well as, management reporting of variances and monthly management reporting of the firm’s trading fees.
The position focuses on providing technical support to the Trading Fee Controlling team as well as the Business Units. Responsibilities will encompass Microsoft Access / Excel database development and maintenance, development of highly automated management reports, automated solutions for process improvements and various ad hoc programming and reporting tasks. There is a strong emphasis on data integrity, transparency, guardianship and service quality.
- Support business analysts with data subject expertise, query building and optimization
- Maintain and develop existing Access / Excel databases
- Create / build new Access / Excel databases
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and implement them
- Troubleshoot data issues and work with data providers for resolution
- Maintain the technical documentations and keep it up-to-date
- Identify gaps in the existing procedures and propose improvements for them
- Produce management reports
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and data modeling
- Experience with data warehouses
- Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office Package, particularly Access)
- Strong analytical, profiling and troubleshooting skills
- At least 5 years of experience in data integration and data conversions
- Finance and Accounting knowledge
- Excellent English knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proactive and show initiatives in learning new materials, search for better methodologies, spot problems, and suggest solutions
- Visual Basic and SQL programming is an advantage
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please via on the link below by submitting your English CV.