Welcome to Crossover
Database Chief Architect
We are looking for talented database experts to manage deployments based on MS SQL and MySQL primarily and PostgreSQL, Oracle secondary running on AWS infrastructure servicing a myriad of products at the same time in a resource cost-efficient manner. They will respond to alerts, implement proactive and reactive controls, insanely monitor usage to understand patterns and continuously challenge performance design practices to improve them at bleeding edge.
This job requires a high level of expertise in administration, monitoring, development, backup, recovery, and tuning of database products and components. The successful candidate must feel at home running deployments with TB of RAM and hundreds of CPUs and be able to: proactively plan, implement, and maintain DB operational services, implement AWS based disaster recovery strategies, designing and managing tenant database architectures; scaling and capacity planning; administration and management of all database software patches and upgrades, as well as design control system for proactive and reactive control of tenants behaviour. They must be able to handle heavy workloads, multi-task efficiently and be able to switch gears in a moment’s notice. This position is 100% remote.
Crossover is redefining the way people work. A future where all high-skill jobs go to the cloud and big-data is used to help individuals and teams become more and more productive. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our workforce is global and will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent and are now in over 108 different countries. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing cloud talent. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best people for both technical and non-technical jobs. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship-building support to ensure success for long term growth.
- Design or improve the database architecture with a platform as a service mindset to be used by all products
- Own the database infrastructure and deployment on all of the engines mentioned above
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with no unplanned downtime
- Continuously improve the business value over compute price ratio.
- Ability to implement effective risk management measure for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Responsible for implementation or oversight and release of database changes
- Responsible for data loading, security, performance monitoring and tuning in AWS
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related fields
- 4+ years of relevant experience of working of large environments on MSSQL and MySQL (Aurora)
- 2+ years of experience in AWS
- Proven experience in Postgres and Oracle
- Proven experience of large scale deployments.
- Proven deep understand of database works and how compute resources contribute to performance and how to design a system that takes compute power usage to bleeding edge.
- Proven Database Administration experience
This role may be a great fit if you have:
- Functional Knowledge: Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines
- Business Expertise: Basic understanding of how own area integrates within the sub-function
- Leadership: Provides on-the-job training/support to new team members
- Problem Solving: Uses judgment based on the analysis of information
- Nature of Impact: Direct impact by ensuring the quality of the task/services/information provided by self and others
- Area of Impact: Primarily on own team
- Interpersonal Skills: Information exchange requiring tact and diplomacy is a significant feature of the job
Compensation: $50/hour ($100K/year)
Location: Global (remote)
Work hours: 40 hours per week
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations.
We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts. Please note that you will not be paid for these interviews or skills tests but we hope you will complete them to help us truly evaluate your talent versus your peers.
Are you up for the challenge?
Crossover is an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
IT / Informatika > Adatbázis adminisztrátor, Adatbázis elemző, Programozó, Rendszerfejlesztő
Távmunka / Otthoni munka
|Minimális tapasztalat||3 és 5 év között|
|Szükséges iskolai végzettség||Főiskolai végzettség|
|Munkaidő tipusa||Teljes munkaidő, Határozatlan idejű, Szabadúszó/ Vállalkozó|