The Country Sourcing Manager will identify sourcing projects and ensure that sourcing strategies are in line with business requirements. The role will be required to network and build relationships with Business partners in order to gain a deep understanding of the business needs.
The Country Sourcing Manager will be required to deliver key high spend/high risk projects for the country for a set of categories. Further to this, the role will oversee and guide the Sourcing Specialists (based in the Budapest Service Centre) on the delivery of low value/low risk projects that impact the country.
- Conduct sourcing, tendering and contract negotiations for all categories across Hungary. Work with internal customers to identify opportunities to achieve cost savings.
- Create and execute sourcing projects and supplier contracts for high value/high risk goods and services.
- Ensure appropriate leverage of the Budapest Service Centre for low value/low risk sourcing project delivery. Oversee and guide this group through the project delivery.
- Collaborate with Regional Sourcing teams to leverage Global/Regional supply arrangements within the country.
- Maintain local knowledge & report on trends or developments affecting the supply market.
- Manage and close any supplier service escalations raised by clients, resolve and mitigate effects of commercial disputes.
- Ensure consistent adoption of Sourcing procedures, policies, standards operating tools and reporting across countries.
- Provide project management and quality/risk assurance on negotiated contracts.
- Provide in country category subject matter expertise for all categories and sourcing projects; establish reputation within Sourcing organization and business units as the country Sourcing expert.
- Develop and grow relationship with business unit leadership promoting and expanding Sourcing’s influence within country.
- Ensure adequate transactional sourcing processes and supports are in place as well as managing and supporting issue resolution on PO or invoicing queries.
- Conduct the required maintenance against contractual agreements.
- Work closely with internal stakeholder to understand their multiyear plans. Drive regular engagement with business partners.
- Reporting to the ESC Cluster Lead this role is responsible for the sourcing and contracting of 3rd party suppliers to all the Businesses within Hungary.
- The success of this role will be measured by Sourcing’s influence over significant spend categories and cost reduction delivery across the country.
- A significant part of the role will be to ensure consistent adoption of Sourcing procedures, policies, and standards, operating tools, reporting, goals & objectives.
- 5 plus years sourcing experience, preferably in an international organisation.
- Financial services experience is an advantage.
- Generalist sourcing experience required. Preferably in Hungary and Central Eastern Europe.
- Proven experience in managing key stakeholders.
- Experience in leading sourcing projects.
- Proven experience working in cross-functional teams, obtaining consensus.
- Experience sourcing services in banking sector desirable.
- Experience in sourcing in related travel sub-categories on global level for fortune 500 company
- Delivered medium scale and/ or complex sourcing programs
- Demonstrated effective communications, project management and compliance management
- Has undertaken value engineering of specifications within the applicable categories
- Ability and experience to manage multiple projects/tenders with minimal direct supervision
- Proven experience in managing cross-functional teams, obtaining consensus confidence to engage and influence a diverse stakeholder group
- High level of commercial awareness and able to translate strategy into action
- Ability to analyse value at stake then focus and prioritise on the big impact opportunities that deliver savings
- Contracts administration and management knowledge
- Fluent English, excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems and eProcurement tools such as Oracle, Procure-to-Pay, eAuction, eRFX tools
- Strong Project Management skills and ability to delivery projects within scope
- Ability to deliver ambitious saves targets
- Relevant degree qualification
- Certified Procurement Professional such as CPM or CIPS is advantageous
- Ability to interact with senior management in a professional and positive manner
- Exceptional negotiating abilities
- Highly numerate with well developed analytical skills.
- Highly computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Experience of working in an international context.
- Fluent Hungarian and English, written and verbal.
This role offers a career-defining opportunity to join a successful and fast growing EMEA business and help to shape and build a function that delivers tangible business improvement across a complex European organization.