Corporate Actions Analyst - London
Requisition Number: 050902 Job Description: This position primarily involves providing corporate action support to the Portfolio Management teams in London and Chicago for Northern Trust Asset Management. Knowledge/Skills:
- Global Corporate Actions experience essential.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels, from peer group to management.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, whilst still working as part of a team.
- PC Literate.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and the ability to balance the demands made by a change in circumstances, with the on-going job requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Take responsibility for own actions and recognise the impact on others and the business.
- Self motivated and pro active.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to effectively handle deadlines.
- Ability to manage expectations to reporting lines, portfolio management teams and custodians.
- Good communication skills
- Organisation and Planning
- Monitor and process issues via the Eagle corporate action system.
- Effectively and accurately advise portfolio managers of all event details.
- Collate instructions for voluntary issues, for onward transmission to the custodians.
- Utilise custodian on line systems both for corporate action information and instructions.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks are investigated and resolved in a timely manner, adhering to governance standards.
- Ensure accurate stock availability status of all corporate actions entitlements.