Content Support Engineer - Budapest
The Content Support team supports our Customers and the Sales organization in solving content related issue ensuring the flow of high quality data into the Meltwater Platform. This has immediate impact on the Meltwater customer base.
We are looking for ambitious professionals to join our team in Budapest. You’ll join a truly enthusiastic team of friendly people and be working as part of the wider Support engineering team.
A candidate who have good communication, problem solving and organizational skills is likely to
Your main responsibility in this position is to continually update a database of website crawling
It is beneficial if you have a basic understanding of the topic "Web Data Extraction" and its associated challenges. But it is not a must since all required training will be provided to you in order
to master your tasks.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Master the inhouse web UI to update website crawling configuration
- Continuous improvement of content quality and expansion of content coverage via inhouse UI
- Manage a pipeline of tickets and respond to cases assigned to you
- Participate in knowledge sharing (discussions and input towards knowledge base/documentation)
(All required training will be provided. Furthermore, it is of advantage that you'll be sitting close to our engineering teams that maintain the inhousec UI and the Crawler system)
- Fluent in English (don’t know Hungarian? no problem!)
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of MySQL/relational databases
- Basic knowledge of Web Data Extraction and the usage of regular expressions in that context
- Firm understanding of HTTP protocols (status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Experience with issue tracking systems and tools like JIRA