C 17 Support Technical Manager
Papa AFB, Hungary
The Support Technical Manager for the C-17 Program Leads and manages employees performing Organizational & Intermediate (O & I) flight-line, back-shop, and support equipment maintenance for 24/7 Strategic Airlift Capability (SAC) customer operations at the Air Base in Papa, Hungary.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Works closely with the SAC Program key tenants including the NATO Airlift Management Program (NAMP), the Heavy Airlift Wing (HAW), and the host base Hungarian Defense Forces (HDF) in support of the SAC program requirements.
- Additionally, works with the Hungarian National Transportation Authority (NTA) relative to maintaining airworthiness certification of the C-17 airplanes.
- Manage and execute scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities in support of customer flying schedules.
- Leads and integrates a team of multi-discipline international C17 aircraft maintenance technicians and mechanics in a remote field environment.
- Responsible for daily C17 sortie generation, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities, support equipment maintenance, alternate mission equipment maintenance, training and certification requirements, and comprehensive schedule and documentation activities.
- Additionally manages Field Service Tech Reps on site and at off-site locations.
- Monitor, report and execute budget and staffing plans.
- Develop and establish policies, organizational structures, and report performance.
- Building A Successful Team
- Building Organizational Talent
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Customer Knowledge
- Field Services
- Charts the Course
- Delivers Results
- Finds a Way
- Inspires Others
- Lives the Boeing Values
- Sets High Expectations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in managing employees in a fast paced C-17 organizational and intermediate maintenance environment.
- Must have ability to work with senior military and company officials.
- Ability to work independently under time constraints and stress in a non-native English speaking, international environment exposure.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Experience in supporting aircraft in a fast-paced sortie generation peacetime and "contingency surge" environment.
- Familiarity with the Boeing and Department of Defense supply systems and military maintenance practices and procedures.
It will be advantageous to have relevant work experience.
Other Job Related Information:
Requires proficiency working in a multi-discipline environment. Requires the ability to function in a demanding, on-call, 24/7 operational environment, must be willing to travel and work on rotating and weekend shifts basis. Holding an European Aviation Safety Administration (EASA) License or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) License is preferred.
Important information regarding this requisition: candidate must have (or is able to obtain) legal authorization to work in Hungary, and must hold (or is able to obtain) a U.S. or NATO or Hungarian Security Clearance.
Employer will sponsor applicants for employment VISA status. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.