Assistant Manufacturing Engineer - Yorkshire, Rotherham, S60 1
We are looking to recruit a Assistant Manufacturing Engineer for their office in Rotherham.
Sizer is pleased to release a new vacancy to join their team. We are looking for an Assistant Manufacturing Engineer with strong production experience, to be based at our Rotherham based facility close to junction 34 of the M1. This pivotal role will require you to understudy our Senior Engineer, overseeing the sourcing and manufacture of our components, machinery and fitting operations, resolving any issues which may arise in the manufacturing and site work processes. Crucially, you will manage our supply chain and seek opportunities to develop our business.
This position has arisen due to the impending retirement of our senior engineer and would be with a view to assuming greater responsibilities within 12 months.
We pride ourselves with manufacturing the famous 'Orbit' Pellet Presses. The simple, robust designs have been continually improved to meet modern demands for cost effective quality and efficiency. We also offer a wide range of pellet press spare parts in addition to our maintenance, service and technical support.
- Machining background, preferably apprentice-trained
- Discuss engineering issues with sub-contract engineering companies
- Regular liaison with our supply chain
- Estimate timescale on site work and necessary equipment/tools needed and project manage as required
- Estimate reverse engineering of damaged components back to a useable part
- Inspection of goods received from suppliers
- Instruct & machine component parts as required
- Source new competitive sub-contractors as required and assess their capacities
- Interpret& produce engineering drawings
- Understand engineering instruments for inspection of parts
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence
Competitive salary and benefits
39 hour working week - Mon-Thurs 08:00-16:30, Fri 08:00-15:30
"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE" If you are interested please apply using the Apply Now Button.
Ref. Code: AssManEnBcLink megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />