- The Asst. Operations Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Excellent communication skills are mandatory with the General Manager, the V.P. of Operations, Operations Manager, V.P. of Business Development, the customer service manager, head and lead chauffeurs, mechanics, detailer, and chauffeurs. Communication is a must and can not be violated in any way, shape or form. Communication plays a very high role in this position.
- Daily scheduling and dispatching of the chauffeurs and maintaining a list of on call and "ready" chauffeurs is mandatory 24 hours a day/7 days a week. This includes making sure all runs for the next day are accounted for before leaving your shift.
- All unusual activity must be noted in the Operations daily activity book and bible. This includes marking the bible for all late runs, no shows, vehicle breakdowns, or any other unusual activity. Complete the employee activity report when applicable.
- Complete knowledge and enforcement of all company policies and procedures is required and mandatory dictation of, adherence to and following of each procedure is required. Any problems should be brought to the Operations Manager for write ups. It is a must that the assistant operations manager needs to be aware that what you are preaching must be practiced.
- A clear knowledge of the entire bay area including roadways, restaurants, night clubs and special attractions is a must.
- Familiarity of the entire fleet with a thorough knowledge of all functions of all vehicles is a must. Also knowledge of different coachbuilders is necessary.
- The Assistant Operations Manager must be able to use the reservation system to make reservations, and have a strong knowledge of the sales techniques. Log, critique and govern incoming contracts from sales.
- Scheduling maximum hours in every limousine for present and future reservations will be required to achieve the maximum amount of revenue for the company, always compressing runs on busy days and 30 days out.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of the entire facility, including the stock room.
- Monitoring of runs throughout the day, ensure chauffeurs arrive in proper time for their runs. Chauffeurs must check in with you when they arrive to ensure they arrive to work on time, as well as when they arrive to the pick up and drop off locations.
- Covering all new reservations in vehicles that are already on the road is the ultimate method of utilizing a vehicle to ensure a higher profit margin from each vehicle.
- Monitoring the cleanliness and required dress of chauffeurs, including the “outstanding team member” pins as they arrive and return for work.
- The Asst. Operations manager will be responsible for the after hours phone at least one night per week.
- All problems, complaints, vehicle breakdowns and other issues that arise are ultimately the responsibility of the operations manager. It is strongly recommended that communication with the Vice President of Operations or General Manager for input is acquired before making a final decision. (both are available 24hrs/day 7 days/wk. - no question is a dumb question.)
The individual in this position must have excellent communication in English, French and Hungarian and organizational skills. The individual must be able to listen, maintain a very detailed list of daily duties including all problems and correspondence and follow up on all activities and respond to all issues. Operations must never allow things to pile up. This person will be heavily relied upon and must be able to make quick, accurate and precise decisions. This person must be able to juggle many tasks simultaneously and still be available to handle new incoming immediate runs and any problems that arise unexpectedly. He must be able to interface on a professional level at all times with a variety of different personalities all the way from detailers to chauffeurs to customers.
The Asst. Operations Manager is a very visible, powerful and highly respected position. This power and visibility must never be abused or taken advantage of. The Asst. Operations Manager must be a team player whose enthusiasm and dedication to the company must be the example of which the entire team follows.