UNOPS / UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
CONSULTANCY VACANCY NOTICE
Asset Disposal Associate – two positions
Project: Global Fleet Management
Duty station: Budapest, Hungary
Section/Unit: Asset Management Unit, Assets and Fleet Management Section, Supply Management Logistics Service, Division of Emergency, Security and Supply
Category & Level:Local Consultancy (equivalent to GS-6)
Effective date: 01/01/2016
Duration: 01/01/2016 - 31/12/2016
Closing Date: 15/12/2015
In 2015, the Assets and Fleet Management Section (AFMS) will continue to implement UNHCR`s Global Fleet Management Strategy aiming to substantially improve the effectiveness of the vehicles used in UNHCR operations. To this end, over a five-year period, a replacement of the entire UNHCR fleet is being completed with funds generated through the sale of disposed vehicles.
The sale of the vehicles is conducted through public auctions organized together with field operations, which often operate in remote locations in particularly harsh environments and with multiple challenges. In order to comprehensively assist and guide the field operations as well as to build capacity, the staff members in the Asset Management Unit (AMU) of AFMS conduct a series of field missions in order to render first-hand expertise. Given the complexity, the need for custom solution delivery, and the requirement for institutional knowledge transfer of the involved activities, the AMU needs to engage Asset Disposal Assistants to support AMU`s mandate.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Asset Disposal Assistant will assist the Asset Managers and Asset Disposal Specialists of AMU in all aspects of asset management and vehicle disposal, including managing the on-site auction activities, processing the sale of vehicles, advising the implementation of the High Commissioner`s written directives, ensuring the timely remittances of generated funds needed for purchasing and equipping new vehicles and mentoring the country missions in complying with the Controller`s policies for Assets.
Monitoring and Progress Controls:
Monthly reports will be submitted showing the effects of the Asset Disposal Assistant`s involvement in the disposal of assets reflecting the following:
- Confirmed deposits from sales of assets;
- Assets that were retired through sales, but for which deposits have not been made;
- Provide assistance to asset management activities of UNHCR's field operations in order to ensure assets auctions are completed in a manner that maximizes revenue for UNHCR and new revenue generation methodologies are developed and implemented.
- Assess income from sale of assets in accordance with AMU`s roles and Responsibilities as set forth in the UNHCR Manual Chapter 2,6 and 8, and the Financial Policies for Assets as promulgated by the Controller.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of asset related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyze statistical information, identify trends and developments that will assist in decision-making.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- College Education in a Business Related Field, with work experience considered a viable substitute.
b) Work Experience
- Previous experience in managing auction-related activities, either on-line or in a live setting would be considered beneficial. The ability to work cohesively with other team members, execute work-statements in a reliable manner and demonstrate innovative capacity is essential.
c) Key Competencies
- Knowledge of software based asset management systems.
- Ability to discuss and instruct filed office personnel on asset management and asset disposal processes.
Candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your motivation letter, CV and signed Personal History Form (P11), by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the Asset Disposal Associate positions” in the subject line to: E-mail cím megjelenítése by 15 December 2015.
The Personal History Form (P11) is available at the following link: Link megjelenítése
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at this Link megjelenítése
Local ICAs with contracts of three months or more are entitled to additional benefits such as an attractive medical insurance plan (including life insurance and disability benefits), annual leave, sick leave and maternity/paternity leave.
Pénzügy / Számvitel / Kontrolling
Közigazgatás / Államigazgatás
Asszisztencia / Adminisztráció
Alapítvány / Non-profit
|Minimális tapasztalat||2 év|
|Szükséges iskolai végzettség||Főiskolai végzettség|
|Munkaidő tipusa||Határozott idejű|