UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Administrative/Principal Secretary
Position Number: 10024207
Category & Level: General Service, G-6
Location: Talent Outreach and Acquisition Section
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 11 September 2016
The Administrative/Principal Secretary provides the administrative and secretarial support services to the Chief, Talent Outreach and Acquisition Section, in order to ensure the smooth running of the office and its workflow and management of information. This would involve direct contact with other staff members in the section and contacts with Senior Management in Division, Bureau, and management - Representatives, Directors both within and outside UNHCR. The post requires the ability to prioritise tasks and to organise work independently based on direction from the Supervisor.
The incumbent will be part of a team and may provide instructions; delegate execution of tasks to lower level staff; contacts on administrative/budgetary related issues are mainly with Sections/Units/Offices within the organization both at HQ; in the Field and with local suppliers/services/partners normally on routine subject matters.
- General administrative and resource management support is provided to Section in an efficient and timely manner.
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion.
- Support Section Chief in monitoring and analysing the use of budgetary resources and staffing requirements of the Section, by maintaining related control records and running reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the submissions for the (re)allocation of resources, as well as in the preparation of budget(s) by collecting, verifying, consolidating and presenting relevant data for approval.
- Arrange meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials, and take minutes and/or notes at meetings.
- Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follows-up systems.
- Draft correspondence and ensure follow-up, as required, in general administrative or specialised which may be of confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, evaluations, justifications, and consolidate various reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized matters.
- Maintain policy, confidential and general files.
- Clear correspondence for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements before being signed by supervisor.
- Request office supplies and equipment, and maintain related records.
- Ensure the preparation and administration of office budgets, including maintaining control and other records.
- Assist in recruitment and administration of consultants, TA staff, interns and other short-term personnel, including preparation and processing of related documentation.
- Perform personnel related tasks such as issuance/renewal of contracts, temporary assignments, maintenance of various personnel records and files, preparation of travel authorizations, process performance appraisal reports and other personnel administrative documents, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 6 years of secretarial and/or administrative experience of which 4 years should preferably be within the UN system to acquire a practical knowledge of UN and UNHCR administrative rules and regulations.
- Computer skills (MS Office and People soft applications).
- Fluency in English.
- Managing resources.
- Technological awareness.
- Planning and organizing.
- Change capability and adaptability.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of UN and UNHCR administrative rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate with PeopleSoft MSRP (Finance, Supply Chain modules, HR and Payroll applications).
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Working knowledge of another relevant UN language.
- External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése (if applicable), motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name –Administrative/Principal Secretary (10024207) position” in the subject line to the email address below by 11 September 2016.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at Link megjelenítése