Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of Investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to the company’s success. They share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. The firm can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking candidates for the following role:
Windows Software Engineer
Budapest is the second largest Enterprise Infrastructure location in Europe after London, and a central part of our global workforce strategy. We have a very strong team of technologists working, among other things, on software engineering and development on Linux. Our team delivers critical technology capabilities to the global organization out of Budapest every day.
We take pride at multiple aspects of working in Enterprise Infrastructure Budapest:
- Scale and global integration: the team works exclusively on addressing global technical challenges and delivers projects that directly impact our worldwide business. As such, almost everything we work on is big, meaningful, and highly impactful globally
- Technical excellence: we place strong focus on recruiting top talent and continuously training our employees. If you join our team, you will be working with world class technologists on many challenging global problems
- Innovation: many of our technological advances have originated in Budapest. Our team is given freedom and opportunity to learn new technologies, develop technically and professionally, use and contribute to open source projects, and even work on projects they feel passionately about, outside their main role, for a given proportion of their time
- Work ethics: we have an open, diverse, tolerant, and meritocratic work environment. We welcome ideas, opinions, and challenges to the status quo. We want employees to be able to build long term, successful careers at the firm, so we help them continuously with feedback, training, and professional development. We encourage collaboration and internal mobility
Enterprise Infrastructure architects, designs, and operates a large, global Windows desktop and server infrastructure, which underpins our business operations. To continue to evolve our infrastructure, we are looking for strong and innovative engineers and developers who will join our global infrastructure team to support and drive a number of initiatives in multiple areas including: desktop and server operating systems, Windows infrastructure technologies, desktop and application virtualization, cloud computing, infrastructure automation, configuration management and provisioning, monitoring, security, and distributed file systems.
Our opportunities come with a combination of three sets of responsibilities – with the exact mix varying between individual positions: a) core infrastructure responsibilities, which require a solid understanding of operating systems, networking, and architectural concepts, b) scripting and development, which requires experience in building and integrating complex, scalable software systems, and c) communication and client interaction, which is key to ensure that we are aligned with business requirements and delivering world class capability to our global clients, in partnership with our worldwide operations teams that provide 24x7 support and coverage.
- Solid computer science fundamentals including networking, operating systems, distributed systems
- Experience in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems, including developing and scripting on those platforms
- Good understanding of core Windows Infrastructure technologies (e.g. AD, DFSN, DFSR, SCOM, SCCM, CIFS/SMB)
- Passion for integrating software components to deliver global-scale solutions
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and innovative mindset
- Good written and verbal English communication skills, desire to interact closely with a global team
- Ability to work with clients, gather requirements, and lead finding solutions
- Experience in one or more of the following: PowerShell, C#, VBScript, Silverlight, virtualization (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp), cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack), Windows clustering, application delivery (e.g. Netscaler, CloudBridge), System Center Operation Manager 2012, MS Exchange, MS SQL, or Microsoft Lync
- Microsoft certification, such as MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer), MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert), MCPD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer), MOF (the MSFT tweaked ITIL)
- Solid troubleshooting mindset – i.e. parsing event logs, Sysinternals tools, analysing memory dumps
- Advanced presentation and documentation skills
- Experience in working in global enterprise environments or in financial services
What we offer:
- Open, international and multicultural environment
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding organization
- IT Academy courses, professional development and career path
- Competitive salary and cafeteria benefits
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
VISION Recruitment Hungary
Phone: +36 1 919 12 51
Email: E-mail cím megjelenítése