- Maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available.
- Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks.
- Responding to L1 and L2 escalations.
- Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes via problem management
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
- Document & Publish fixes in central knowledge base, regularly re-evaluating processes and procedures.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst colleagues.
- Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
- Help to identify opportunities for process improvement or synergies across the business.
- Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment.
- Work with Engineering groups to deliver value to customers.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS and Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012
- Experience in working with large server park (200+ servers)
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Some scripting skills
- Clustering and Storage Management technologies for example, Microsoft, Veritas HA, SFW
- Understanding of Network layers
- Strong hardware knowledge (Configuration and Management)
- Microsoft core services: DFS, DFS-R, DNS, WINS, FTP, Printing