The Adecco Group, the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, is looking for a professional for its partner in the following position:
Windows Desktop Infrastructure Specialist
who will be responsible for supporting and ensuring the stability of over 180,000 desktops including laptops and virtual PCs.
• We collaborate with internal teams (engineering, IT security, application developers, desk-side support) and third party vendors to resolve complex technical issues.
• Our services include incident, problem and change management, drift management and we are responsible for the health of the PCs.
• We distribute the core Windows build, manage security patches, support the software distribution platform, maintain PC configuration settings and provide reporting on the Windows environment.
• We develop scripts and other forms of automation to solve problems within the enterprise desktop computing space. This includes creating and maintaining our own monitoring and reporting tools. The team provides global coverage for incidents 24/7 in a follow-the-sun model. Team members are required to cover for escalations on one weekend every few months.
• General Infrastructure Support: Microsoft Windows operating system, VMware ESX, Citrix XenDesktop, OpenAFS, Tivoli Endpoint Manager (BigFix), SCCM, Splunk, AppSense Environment Manager and internally developed tools.
• Productivity Application Support: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Microsoft Lync, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe FlashPlayer, Silverlight and internally developed plug-ins for Microsoft Office.
• BSc degree in IT or equivalent experience.
• Strong communication skills in English.
• 5+ years of experience supporting Windows PCs preferably at level 3.
• General scripting experience required, PowerShell or VBScript preferred.
• Diverse troubleshooting skills of system issues (event logs, GPResult, perfmon, process dumps).
• General understanding of Active Directory (GPO, OU, Groups).
• Experience in solving network issues (HTTP,DNS, DHCP protocols, TCP/IP stack with known ports and basic commands).
• Remote troubleshooting skills (psexec, winrs, WMI, RPC).
• Proficiency in creating documentation for end users and support personnel.
• Self-starter with experience working in a project team environment.
• Able to work and communicate effectively with senior VIP clients for troubleshooting and explaining technical issues.
Place of work:
• Budapest, Hungary.