Web Editor/Web Content Manager
Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives
June 1, 2017
May 7, 2017
Full Or Part Time:
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences and humanities, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1400 students from 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 40 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world.
The language of instruction is English.
The Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives at Central European University (CEU) has a vacancy for a part-time (20-hour/week) web editor, starting on June 1, 2017.
The Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives (Blinken OSA) at Central European University (CEU) is a complex archival institution. Blinken OSA is both a repository of important collections, primarily related to the history of the Cold War and grave international human rights violations, and a laboratory of archival experiments on new ways of assessing, contextualizing, presenting, and making use of archival documents.
The Web Editor / Web Content Manager is responsible for the overall management of Blinken OSA’s online content, and contributes to the maintaining of its online community and promoting its activities on social media platforms.
- Planning, writing, editing and keeping up to date Blinken OSA’s online content, including news, announcements, and blog posts in both English and Hungarian language
- Creating, publishing and updating pages within the Content Management System (Drupal)
- Correlating information from diverse institutional sources into a coherent whole and commissioning material on activities lacking adequate coverage
- Coordinates with Blinken OSA's Public Relations Officer in promoting and following the institution's activities on social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube Twitter, and Instagram
- Advising on editorial policy and implementing that policy
- Ensuring accuracy and maintaining consistent house style
- Determining appropriate metrics (basic SEO, Google Analytics monitoring, keyword optimization) and supplying evaluative data to management
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Fluent in English and Hungarian language
- Preferably an MA, or equivalent experience
- Writing and editing online content
- Experience with using content management systems (preferably Drupal), especially with WYSIWYG editors, and basic knowledge of HTML
- Ability to coordinate with diverse content providers
- Ability to work both in team and individually in an international environment
Commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive salary, as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is until July 31, 2018 with the possibility of renewal.
How to apply?
Applicants are asked to submit an up to date
- CV in English
- name of two colleagues or supervisors who could provide a reference
Please send your complete application package the e-mail address - including job code in subject line: 2017_051 by May 7, 2017 at the latest. Interviews are going to be scheduled between May 10 and 21.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.