Warm Homes Officer - Yorkshire, Bradford, BD1 1
Warm Homes Officer
12 months fixed-term contract, full-time at SCP £21,519
Bradford Environmental Action Trust (BEAT) is a charity working with a range of partners to improve the quality of life for people living in and around the Bradford District. We work mainly with disadvantaged groups to deliver innovative and practical environmental projects.
We are looking for a Warm Homes Officer to support work relating to the alleviation of fuel poverty. The post holder will be responsible for leading, directing and co-ordinating work to tackle fuel poverty across the Bradford District and will work closely with the local authority, local stakeholders and other organisations to achieve this. You will generate measurable impacts on household energy bills through direct practical advice and build the capacity of other organisations to alleviate fuel poverty amongst their client groups.
- Carrying out home visits to help households reduce their fuel bills in a practical and sustainable way
- Preparing and delivering outreach advice sessions to residents on fuel poverty and energy efficiency.
- Training and supporting professional staff from frontline organisations on fuel poverty and energy efficiency
- Educated to at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject
- City and Guilds Level 3 Energy Awareness qualification and/or 2 years previous experience of working in an energy efficiency or fuel poverty role.
- Ability to work in an unsupported environment such as with customers in their own home
- Full driving licence and use of car
The closing date is Friday 14th November at 4pm.
Interviews to be held week beginning 1st December (exact date tbc).
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />