Virology & Serology Team Leader - Suffolk, Newmarket, CB8 7UU
The Animal Health Trust is a leading charity dedicated to the improvement of animal health and welfare through veterinary research, together with high quality clinical services and a commitment to education. The Trust comprises of the Centre for Small Animal Studies (CSAS), Centre for Equine Studies and Centre for Preventive Medicine.
We are currently seeking an experienced Team Leader to lead the Virology and Serology areas within our Diagnostic Laboratory Services (DLS). DLS is a commercial service offering high quality diagnostic testing to the veterinary industry.
- You will lead the day to day running of the Virology and Serology service with responsibility and accountability for the laboratory output, liaising effectively with other disciplines within DLS.
- To be the scientific lead for the service, applying your knowledge, skills to refine and improve our current assays, troubleshooting and working with research to develop new tests.
- Participate in the day to day running of serology assays including ELISA, CF's, HI's, Virus Neutralisation assays and tissue culture.
- Managing the team, mentoring, training and developing the growth within DLS.
- Provide support and backup within our bacteriology services
Skills and Competencies:
- Degree in Biology/Sciences & at least 5 years relevant experience
- Experience of working with ISO17025, COSHH and Health & Safety
- Be self-motivated, organised and be able to identify personal development needs to ensure your knowledge and skills remain current
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use common sense/initiative when working alone
- Reliable, committed, hardworking, strong communication skills oral, written with excellent customer care skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of veterinary diagnostics would be desirable
We offer our staff an employer contribution pension scheme, health care plan, death in service, free parking, staff discounts and basic 25 days holiday per annum.
For further information please contact Dr. Colin Barker, Head of Diagnostic Microbiology, on or email .
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role and your salary expectations. Please send to or by post to Human Resources Department, Animal Health Trust, Lanwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket CB8 7UU.
Closing Date - 28th March 2014Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />