A major and fast expanding international company, operating all over world is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of VAT Accountant.
The VAT Accountant is responsible for major operational and supporting activities with regards to the timely preparation and submission of the countries’ VAT return.
- Execute all tasks/activities in a timely manner and as prescribed in the VAT return guidelines and process book, including
- collection, validation and processing data
- preparation, submission and verification of VAT return
- transfer of funds to local tax authorities
- input of monthly journal entries and vouchers
- Complete balance sheet account reconciliations including monthly commentary analysis
- Perform other reconciliations such as the VAT return to balance sheet reconciliation, base revenue reconciliation, statutory VAT reconciliation
- Work together and co-operate with fellow VAT Accounting Analyst and/or Support Analyst
- Support Tax audits/queries and the local Tax team when input needed from the CoE
- Support the VAT CoE Team Leads and Management in ad-hoc projects and queries
- Looking for and communicate errors/weaknesses and improvement possibilities in the workflow.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 months experience in Accounting
- Fluency in English
- Good problem solving skills and ability to collaborate across different functions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines