UX Designer - Lancashire, Manchester, M21 0
The post holder will work with the SIS Products team whose mission is to develop innovative new products, services and business models for the betting and gaming business through:
- Identifying value added products / services and their fit within the wider strategic framework.
- Developing a portfolio of ideas and match these potential product & services to market needs.
- Managing an agile development project for each initiative and as quickly & efficiently as possible assess whether the initiative should be progressed, explored further or stopped.
- For initiatives that progress, set up customer pilot projects where appropriate, consider the design, optimisation, business model, pricing, route to market, and technical feasibility.
- If appropriate seek out and establish commercial relationships with collaboration partners.
- Extend the lifecycle of existing product & services in an extension strategy.
The User Experience Designer will work with the Product teams to create ideal user experiences that reflect user needs.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to the Strategic Data Architect.
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the User Experience Designer are set out below.
- Develop appropriate compelling visualisation pieces for SIS data services and products
- Design and create inspiring visual effects for mobile and desktop web clients
- Design and develop strong and engaging user experience for betting and data products
- Contribute design expertise and explain conceptual ideas to multidisciplinary project teams.
- Develop and understand our customers and their needs and the existing options in the marketplace.
- Present design concepts to customers.
- Work with virtual and project team members operating in a matrix structure.
- Collaborate with other members of the Technology team to produce concepts and prototypes that reflect user needs.
- Develop a harmonious, effective working environment for colleagues,
- Work in a multi-site environment, with a virtual team.
- Work with external agencies to gain new perspectives and drive innovation.
- Enthusiastic about new design challenges.
- Identify new ideas and technologies relevant to the line of products.
- Committed to continuous personal development.
- Seek training and identify personal needs as required.
- Ensure that the best interests of SIS are upheld at all times.
- Provide high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Operate within the legal and regulatory framework.
This job description is intended to be an indication of the scope of the role. In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Knowledge/Experience and Pre-requisites
- Degree in Design or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Technical Skills in the following areas:
- Detailed knowledge of Mobile and Web technologies (essential)
- Responsive design (essential)
- 2D Graphics techniques (essential)
- User Interface/Experience design
- 3D Graphics (incuding WebGL) (very desirable)
- Flash/After Effects (desirable)
- Java/.NET programming familiarity (desirable)
- Agile Development, version control, continuous integration (desirable)
- Impressive portfolio of user experience design.
- Experience of working in a matrix structure
- Strong customer focus.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective influencing skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships.
- A self-starter who works with drive and enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to take the initiative.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrates the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
- Supports SIS values and ways of working.