We are presently looking for experienced Linux Engineer familiar with configuring various system services, in particular DHCP, NTP, and syslog. The work would involve maintenance of these tools (both commercial versions and Open Source), as well as various in-house developed systems that automatically generate configurations consumed by these tools, monitor them, and guarantee reliable service. The role will also involve maintenance and integration of several Open Source tools used in our client.
-Good understanding of UNIX and/or Linux system fundamentals.
- Strong Perl programming skills, writing secure, testable, and robust code.
- Experienced UNIX System Administrator (Red Hat Linux preferred).
- Effective troubleshooting skills and practical experience with system programming (network/socket, IPC, threads).
- Good knowledge of network protocols.
- Working knowledge of Solaris and/or Linux kernels.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Some knowledge of C, gdb, crash, dtrace/systemtap, ftrace, oprofile, and other debugging tools
- Knowledge of SQL and database programming is a plus.
- Knowledge, awareness and contributor to open source projects would be an ideal fit.