Transport Manager - London
Location: East London.
Salary: £30-£35K dependant on experience.
To apply for the position of Transport Manager you must have experience of managing the transportation of recycling and waste as well as the ability to be an excellent leader, personable and able to operate at all levels. The role is to manage the despatch department, drivers and the compliance for a fleet of 30+ recycling vehicles.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage the transport cost centre
- Managing the despatch team and drivers
- Making sure the operation meets its targets
- Coordinating staff training
- Producing KPI's and other regular performance reports for the board
- Arranging vehicle maintenance, MOTs and servicing
- Organising vehicle replacements
- Ensure all operations are carried out in line with UK and EU laws and regulations governing vehicle safety, controls on fuel emissions, driver hours, and Tachographs
- Manage, lead and motivate the transport team
- On call out of hours and at weekends to deal with any urgent matters.
- Manage the day to day operations of the transport department.
- Manage the dispatching, routing, and tracking of vehicles.
- Being the first point of contact for all drivers.
- Arranging for the induction and training off all new staff.
- Regularly liaising with the General Manager to ensure a smooth running of both departments.
- Maintaining accurate administrative records.
- Organising vehicle checks.
- Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities.
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
- Appraising staff performance and also taking disciplinary measures when required.
- Ensuring all site and customer objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for all H&S relating to the transport operations.
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
- Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
- Experience of Budgets and Financial controls.
- Knowledgeable in all process compliance areas including; Legislative, Productivity, Quality and Service.
- Full understanding of transport operational systems.
- National CPC.
- Able to achieve quality working relationships at all levels.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Problem solving and prioritising skills.
- Man management skills.
Monday to Friday 6am - 3.00pm and Saturdays 7am - 1pm although some flexibility will be required due to the nature of the business
"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE" If you are interested please apply using the Apply Now Button.
Ref: Code. TrnMnBcLink megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />