Our client is a multinational, industry leading provider of drilling modules to the oil and gas industry. The company commissions, designs, manufactures, installs, and provides aftermarket service for a wide variety of drilling systems and equipment.
To the office in South Norway, we are now looking for Test Engineers to participate in the design, testing and development of electrical and control systems.
- Overall development and testing of control systems / instrumentation for cranes and winches;
- Testing and developing offshore cranes and cranes with active wave compensation for production workshops at home and abroad;
- Programming of Simatic S7 PLC and Siemens display systems;
- Being involved in the testing and commissioning of cranes on rigs and ships worldwide;
- Periodically participate in the design of electrical systems and control systems;
- Using lessons learned from the field to help with redevelopment and improvement of the product.
- Electrical / instrument background as an engineer or technician;
- Knowledge of PLC based control systems;
- Oil industry background and experience within the offshore industry or similar is an advantage;
- Good written and oral presentation skills in English;
- Positive and motivated personality;
- Willingness to move to Norway on a permanent basis.
- All-round and varied engineering assignments in a challenging project environment;
- Standard Norwegian engineering salary;
- Exiting career opportunities;
- Contract through Kelly Services Norway the first year, after that great possibility of extension or permanent employment.
- Onshore offices of Client in South Norway.