- Excellent technical capabilities and a well-established background in the network design arena are required for this role, along with a detailed understanding of the UK and global markets.
- You will also have experience with multinational companies and a long track record of achievements within such.
- You should have a genuine interest in and proven capability to design medium to large size LAN/WAN and WLAN solutions and to see them through build and into implementation.
- An excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies based on key vendor equipment (Cisco, Juniper) is therefore essential along with a detailed knowledge of routing and switching techniques and protocols.
- CCNP certificate or higher
- At least 3 year experience in network operation
- Fluent English knowledge
- Excellent communication skills are required for this role, both verbally and in writing and you must be able to present technical information clearly.
- You should be able to work across various cultures and have experience of working in a matrix organization.
- You should like work in a team but also be able to be autonomous.
- Willingness to travel.
- Deep understanding in the following topics:
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- L2 protocols/techniques (STP, VTP, 802.1q, VLANs, LACP, PAgp, PPP, PPPoE)
- IPsec VPN solutions (site2site IPsec VPN, DMVPN)
- MPLS based services (L3 and L2 MPLS VPN)
- L2/L3 QoS architecture of various Cisco platforms
- IOS based security solutions (CBAC, ZBFW, NAT, DAI, DHCP Snooping, ACLs)
- Standalone and Controller based WLAN architectures