Technical Business Analyst - London
Ensure successful scoping and delivery of projects for Winscribe by managing the detail around product development and customer integrations. Be the main point of contact between Development and the UK implementations Team to deliver successful projects in the Healthcare, Legal and Local Government sectors. A successful project will exceed the expectations of the business, providing a solution that meets all goals and objectives and contributes to the functionality of the global product set. All projects should be completed within the agreed scope, budget and timeframe boundaries.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, you will work with Presales, Development, Technical staff and Project Managers to ensure the efficient scoping and delivery of all software development requests and 3 rd party integrations. Scope customer requirements and produce supporting documentation to ensure these are communicated to all internal and external stakeholders. A high standard of Customer Service is paramount at all times and a high quality of communication essential. Helps create/maintain operational and strategic plans for future developments and product positioning.
- Business Analysis: To scope software development and integration of the Winscribe product set with 3 rd party applications for Healthcare, Legal and Local Government clients. Document these then communicate requirements and use cases to Development or provide integration assistance to 3 rd party developers. Work with clients to define document production workflows using the Winscribe product set and Winscribe Technical Partner solutions.
- Define the activities of the Winscribe Technical Consultants with regard to client technical implementations where development or integrations are required. Work with Project Managers to ensure that implementation and development projects are defined and delivered on time and within budget.
- Deliver developments and integrations as part of the UK Implementations Team. Projects will be directed by Project Managers but the scoping, technical deployment, integration, UAT Testing and Customer acceptance of developments. Some coding may be required for basic integrations and solutions.
- Liaison with Development: foster key relationships with the CTO, the New Zealand Development Team and Technical Partners to communicate the requirements of UK clients/projects. Assist with scoping software development on the Winscribe Product set. Manage the delivery of integrations and new developments in conjunction with the UK Project team. Some travel overseas may be required as part of this role.
- Manages development issues: Ensure incoming technical requests relating to development, workflows and integrations are defined and communicated to the correct team for resolution. Ensure response times are within the range publicised in Winscribe's technical support policy. Supervise an escalation mechanism so that engineers get assistance where support jobs relating to Integrations and Development become a bottleneck. Monitor the delivery of integrations by engineers to ensure consistent quality of work. Ensure that integrations and development work are charged for where applicable.
- Manages Technical Integration: Work with Presales to scope and define client requirements. Visit clients and define workflows and provide gap analyses development requirements. Ensure integration documentation and use cases are defined correctly and the resulting solutions are signed off by clients as part of the project delivery. Work closely with Project Managers to deliver technical integrations within project timescales.
- Clinical Data Integrations. Our work in Healthcare means that our systems integrate with patient data using HL7 and some XML technology. These are mapped to data field in our systems and this must be carried out securely and safely in conjunction with data teams of 3 rd Party systems and other members of the implementations team.
- Monitors and promotes continuous improvement: Monitor and report monthly performance KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and compare against criteria. Monitor and report on workload trends. Perform risk management reporting. Develop and document processes for handling development tasks. Develop escalation processes for issues that become critical.
- Customer relations: Advise the Support Team on any development or integration related complaints and provide resolutions or workarounds where necessary. Implement long term procedures to avoid repeat complaints. Attend regular partner/end user meetings and webinars to deal with issues. On a technical level assist with and attend sales presentations, seminars, exhibitions.
- Train and motivate personnel; provides or coordinates staff training and education for new developments; works with employees to correct deficiencies and fully develop strengths; and coaches, mentors, and implements as necessary.
- Attends regular partner/end user meetings and webinars to deal with integration/development related issues.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Be the Development and scoping lead for all UK projects.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Be the main communication hub between development and the rest of the UK teams
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
- Understands business process management and workflow.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on Client engagements.
- Identifies critical issues with ease and manages approach to resolve.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
- Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by Winscribe