Our client is a worldwide provider of advanced healing technologies that makes a difference for patients, caregivers and providers. With headquarters in the US and approximately 7000 employees working in more than 20 countries, this company improves patients' lives around the globe. Their growing Shared Service Center in Budapest provides an opportunity for dedicated professionals in the fields of Finance and Order Management.
- Provide guidelines, review and supervision on the VAT compliance of the compnany's subsidiaries in respect of intergroup transactions of products and services, as well as external transactions, input VAT restrictions on overheads and return completion procedures.
- Respond to tax enquiries and tax audits from national tax authorities of the company's Subsidiaries and negotiate tax settlements.
- Review compliance errors in system generated tax invoices and initiate action for error corrections
- Review compliance in manually generated tax invoices and provide guidance to relevant staff for correction and future compliance
- Develops AR tax code reports to review output transactions and perform reconciliation
- Develops AP tax code reports to review input and report triangulation transactions
- Prepare VAT and EC Sales returns documentation
- Continuously monitors general ledger VAT account balances
- Maintain and review Oracle tax codes
- Maintains Oracle and Business Object Reports
- Compilation of reports to verify and correct the tax codes on sales and purchases
- Preparation and submission or supervision of VAT Intra Community Transactions and Intrastat Returns or supporting reports for Principal companies in Ireland and in the Netherlands
- Set up and execute or supervise audit and review procedures for VAT compliance in all the subsidiaries, pertaining to goods inward, goods outward, input tax, sales and GL reconciliation.
- Perform GL reconciliation of VAT return process of Principal companies
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) with major focus in Accounting
- 3 years of International VAT compliance or similar experience; successful candidate must have working knowledge of European VAT rules, particularly in relation to international trade.
- Reliable computer skills in Excel, MS Access, ability to extract data and design and run queries
- Experience and ability to set up and maintain queries with Oracle integrated accounting systems
- Experience with reporting software (Business Objects, Hyperion), able to design and run queries
- Excellent English language skills
- Fluency in one or other major European language is preferred
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service oriented attitude
- Attractive compensation package
- The opportunity to work for an organization that strives to improve patients' lives
- Dynamic and modern work environment in the city center
- Young team and cooperative atmosphere