On behalf of our international Partner we are looking for a macro expert:
- Responsible for process improvement, re-engineering of core tax return processes (particularly with a view to automating large parts of those processes)
- Provide technical support to other members of the taxation team
- Take part of the preparation of key tax returns, provisions, reports and reconciliations
- Evaluate and re-engineer core tax return processes, including:
- Critically review return processes and identify those aspects which lend themselves to standardisation and/ or automation;
- Independently develop macros and/ or other appropriate tools and templates to effect the above;
- Fully test the macros/ tools/ templates to ensure the integrity of the data output;
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to prevent corruption or unauthorised modification of the macros/ tools/ templates;
- Review, maintain and modify the macros/ tools/ templates as requires; and
- Create and maintain documentation documenting the logic and flows used in the macros/tools/ templates.
- Support tax function, including:
- Involvement in preparation of international indirect tax returns and reconciliations;
- Prepare and reconcile tax provisions for US GAAP and IFRS tax reporting; and
- Provide other support to the Tax Managers as required.
- Around 5 years experience working in IT / accounting / finance function
- Prior work experience in a multinational shared service environment would be beneficial
- Fluent in English, any other European language is an advantage
- Professional Excel knowledge including the ability to write complex macros and create array formulas.
- Ability to write programmes in visual basic is an advantage.
- Creative person, who always looks for continuous improvement
- Attention to details, strong numerical skills
- Flexible and motivated personality