Reed Specialist Recruitment s international client is looking for a Systems Manager in Doha, Qatar. It is an exciting job opportunity at one of the most well known local banks and a chance to be part of a growing organization.
To administer and support the entire IBM pSeries infrastructure used to run the mission critical systems and applications such as the card switch and Internet Banking ensuring efficient and uninterrupted services to the Customers.
Policies and Procedures
- Perform all work in accordance with departmental and bank-wide policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a high quality and cost effective service to customers.
- Contribute to the development of operational procedures by sharing best practice policies and practices to enable the bank to meet current and future requirements.
pSeries, storage and SAN Management
- Manage the pSeries infrastructure
- Ensure that the users and customers are provided with a reliable uninterrupted service.
Daily Tape Back Ups
- Conduct daily tape backups of all systems with the exception of the iSeries / Equation backups in order to ensure the safety and integrity of bank data.
- Manage and administer the Tivoli Storage Manager backup systems ensuring backups are running as planned.
Provide General UNIX technical consulting services to the bank and vendor staff as required for use in planning and decision making processes.
Monitor system operations, identify weaknesses and recommend solutions in order to improve system robustness, dependability and performance.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit by providing expertise, encouragement, ensuring teamwork and aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Implement the performance management system in order to ensure subordinates’ awareness of respective accountabilities, meet established targets and objectives, and ensure employee engagement in a motivated work environment.
Qualifications and experiences:
- University Graduate / Bachelor in IT
- 6-9 years’ experience as a systems administrator installing, configuring, and updating AIX operating systems
- Extensive hands-on experience in deployment and support of highly available pSeries systems
- Able to develop and implement UNIX Korn Shell (KSH) and/or Perl scripts for automation of system monitoring and maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of Logical Partitioning and Virtualization on IBM pSeries system
- Knowledge of performance tuning on AIX operating systems
- Knowledge of VMware for DR purposes
- Experience of HACMP functionality as well as IBM SAN architecture and Disaster Recovery functionality and be able to plan, implement and execute a DR implementation for the pSeries system
- Ability to design and specify hardware builds as well as define software architecture for IBM Websphere and Oracle Databases
- Intermediate data analysis and report writing
- Management of projects