- Primarily responsible at Level 2 support for the analysis, investigate, diagnose and resolve problems to ensure the minimal interruption of Linux/Unix system, to ensure the agreed Service Levels to be met.
- Responsibility include ensuring the safety of information system assets and protect systems from inappropriate access or destruction. Maintain appropriate security and confidentiality in working with data.
- Systems Performance-monitoring, evaluate level of systems and recommend measures in operating system and hardware to improve overall performance.
- The incumbent is reasonably expected to serves as a subject matter expect on all assigned topics and for multiple system and is expected to participate in meeting when needed.
- The incumbent also expected to be able to demonstrate competence in independently applying technical judgment, decent communication skills and listening skills.
- The employee shall allocate priority and time to the duties assigned upon direction from the manager to whom this employee reports. The manager will communicate these priorities and time allocation when necessary.
- Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or similar equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years Deep technical support experiences in Linux/Unix system administration, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Possess good analytical skills in Operating System performance and Capacity analysis,
- Ability to use system performance-monitoring tools and interpret results
- Linux certification LPI/RHCSA/RHCE will be an added advantage.
- Exposure in configuring and administering NFS storage appliance is a plus.
- Troubleshooting skills for storage, network and servers (Linux)
- Experienced in networking, Ethernet, VLAN concepts, etc.
- Experienced in administration of Linux in Virtual Environment
- Willing to work on Shift (24/7).