Support Worker - Leeds
Dual Sensory Impairment
£17,192 per annum (pro-rata 18 hours per week)
Fixed term contract until March 2015
As a Dual Sensory Support Worker, you will engage with people with sight and hearing loss, to provide them with both practical and emotional support, helping them adjust to the change, and live as full and independent a life as possible.
Action for Blind People has teamed up with The Wilberforce Trust to form the Leeds Vision Consortium and delivers life-changing services in Leeds as part of a contract awarded by Leeds City Council. Extensive services cover areas such as employment, community outreach, a drop-in centre, health promotion and independent living advice.
Providing communication and escort support, as well as day centre based services, you will:
- Visit service users at home, to assist with correspondence and other written information; writing letters, filling out forms and bills, and making telephone calls.
- Escort service users on foot or public transport to visit shops, clubs or enjoy other recreational activities
- Make arrangements for appointments, visits and holidays and act as the users professional support.
You will need:
- Knowledge of working with people with sight and hearing loss
- Knowledge of alternative communication techniques such as deafblind finger spelling, the block alphabet, clear speech and other means of receptive and expressive communication
- Excellent prioritising and work load planning skills
- Ability to build rapport with users and develop supportive relationships with colleagues
As a hugely ambitious national charity, we provide expert practical support to blind and partially sighted people. Now we are part of RNIB Group, combining our resources and expertise, we're reaching out to even more people and working more effectively than ever.
To apply for a pack, or request alternative formats of the pack, please send us your CV by selecting the Apply Now button and a pack will be emailed directly to you. Alternatively call or email quoting reference AB388. Only applications made by form will be considered.
Closing date: 9 May 2014
Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />