UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
|Title of Position:||Supply Associate (Vehicle Maintenance and Repair)|
|Category & Level:||General Service, G-6|
||Asset and Fleet Management Section,
Supply Management and Logistics Service
||as soon as possible|
|Duration:||initially for one year (renewable)|
|Closing Date:||14 April 2015|
UNHCR’s Vehicle Fleet Strategy aims to ensure appropriate, cost-effective and safe vehicles as well as professional fleet management services. The appropriate maintenance and repair of UNHCR’s vehicles is a key part of the strategy. The objective is to develop a comprehensive and adaptable approach to the provision of vehicle maintenance and repair services to field operations which will lower operating costs, reduce vehicle downtime through unscheduled maintenance and repair and at the same time provide transparency to fleet costs and performance data. Closely linked to the provision of maintenance and repair is the supply of spare parts which includes ordering, inventory control, recording of use, etc.
Difficult access to competent maintenance and repair facilities, extended and fragile spare-parts supply chains, an ageing and oversized vehicle fleet and low levels of fleet management competence in the field combine to create a sub-optimal environment for effective vehicle maintenance and repair. The impact to the Organisation is a higher than necessary vehicle breakdown frequency, resulting in disruption to operations as well as avoidable costs. Therefore, the implementation of the vehicle maintenance and repair activities is of paramount importance and the Supply Associate (Vehicle Maintenance and Repair) supports the implementation. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices and may have contacts with UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors. The incumbent may directly supervise general service staff in the office, and reports to the Senior Supply Officer (Vehicle Maintenance and Repair).
- UNHCR fleet management rules and procedures are applied in a consistent, effective and transparent manner.
- UNHCR operations have effective and quality vehicle maintenance and repair services.
- Apply UNHCR's fleet management strategy when preparing plans for maintenance and repair of fleet assets.
- Conduct spend analysis using historical data to identify trends that can be used to plan vehicle maintenance and repair activities and development of Frame Agreements.
- Plan for acquisition of vehicle maintenance and repair services and associated supply of spare parts.
- Develop vehicle maintenance and repair strategies taking into account UNHCR short and medium term requirements.
- Coordinate activities of partners and/or contractors performing vehicle maintenance and repair activities, and ensure they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Respond to requests for information and advice from field operations and coordinate responses from a range of HQ units in order to provide a clear, consistent and timely response.
- Collect information relating to vehicle maintenance and repair in cooperation with field operations and HQ units and support data analysis and information sharing.
- Promote an understanding of vehicle maintenance and repair activities by providing information or support as and whenever required.
- Provide customized vehicle maintenance and repair reports and / or contribute to reporting processes in relation to Global Fleet Management periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of vehicle maintenance and repair related data in relevant business systems.
- Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in vehicle maintenance and repair related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Any other related duties as required.
- Access to relevant business systems for data collection, recording and analysis.
- Propose modus operandi for vehicle maintenance and repair activities and provide advice to field operations in coordination with direct supervisor.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary school education with post- secondary training / certificate in logistics, business administration, commerce, economics or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant job experience in relation to vehicle management, vehicle maintenance and repair or broader supply-chain.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources.
- Technological awareness.
- Analytical thinking.
- Planning and organizing skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Competency in any other UN language(s).
- Supply chain learning programs and/or other procurement/logistics related training.
- Knowledge of MSRP/PeopleSoft or other ERP systems.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your motivation letter, resume and Personal History Form (P11), by e-mail with “Your name - Application for the Supply Associate (VMR)(10023707) position” in the subject line to the email addrress below by 14 April 2015.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése