UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Supply Associate (HQ Procurement)
Position Number:10023434; 10023435; 10023436 (three positions)
Category & Level: General Service, G-6
Location: Division of Emergency, Security and Supply (DESS) Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 11 January 2015
The Supply Associate (HQ Procurement) supports procurement activities within Headquarters. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other Units, Sections, Divisions at Headquarters, and UNHCR field offices, UN agencies, NGOs and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate procurement activities. The incumbent may supervise general service staff in the office, and reports to the (Associate/Assistant) Supply Officer. The duties of the incumbent are to support the procurement process within the specific area covered by the organizational unit while exercising efficiency in the procurement process.
- UNHCR supply chain rules and procedures are applied in a consistent, effective and transparent manner.
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern.
- UNHCR has effective partners to support supply activities within area of responsibility.
- Conduct spend analyses using historical spend data to identify trends that can be used to plan procurement activities and Frame Agreements.
- Respond to field requests for information and advice and coordinate responses from a range of HQ units to provide a clear, consistent and timely response to the field.
- Analyse matters relating to procurement activities, and deliver information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility. Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting sections.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order. Process requests received for procurement of assigned goods/products.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders.
- Assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations.
- Prepare and review proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence.
- Monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Establish Frame Agreements for the required item or item group.
- Identify, assess and select vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Coordinate activities of vendors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures. Monitor performance of vendors under Frame Agreements by analysing the products and delivery performance. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Prepare and review proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts. Participate in Committee on Contracts meetings, probe unclear issues and participate with expert procurement advice, when requested. Follow up on decisions or actions from the Committee.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the supervisor in order to meet the level of service requires by the organisation.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary school education with post-secondary training / certificate in supply chain, procurement, logistics, business administration, commerce, economics or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language and /or local language
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing Resources
- Analytical thinking;
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Planning and organizing skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Competency in any other UN language(s).
- Supply Chain learning programmes and/or other procurement/logistics related.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of Applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése, motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name –Supply Associate (10023434; 10023435; 10023436)positions” in the subject line to the email address below by 11 January 2015.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training) or any other fees.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése