UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
Title of Position: Supply Associate (Fleet Management)
Position Numbers: Temporary Assistance
Category & Level: General Service, G-6
- Division of Emergency,
- Security and Supply (DESS)
- Supply Management and Logistics Service,
- Assets and Fleet Management Section
Effective date: 1 December 2015
Duration: Temporary Appointment (initially for a period of three months)
Closing Date: 27 October 2015
The Supply Associate (Fleet Management) supports all fleet management activities in the Global Fleet Management Project. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The incumbent may directly supervise general service staff in the office, and reports to the (Snr.) Supply Officer. The duties of the incumbent will support the implementation of the Global Fleet Management Project in UNHCR on a world-wide level.
- UNHCR fleet management rules and procedures are applied in a consistent, effective and transparent manner.
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality fleet management services to operations.
- The operations have effective tools to support fleet activities.
- Apply UNHCR's fleet management strategy when preparing plans for purchase of important fleet assets. Conduct spend analyses using historical spend data to identify trends that can be used to plan procurement activities and Frame Agreements.
- Plan for acquisition, maintenance and replacement of fleet assets. Develop local fleet management replacement strategies taking into account UNHCR short and medium term requirements.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing fleet related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Respond to field requests for information and advice and coordinate responses from a range of HQ units to provide a clear, consistent and timely response to the field.
- Collect information both in the field and in HQ, to ensure relevant and appropriate information is gathered and shared. Promote an understanding of concerns, objectives and priorities for fleet related issues by providing information or expertise to interested parties.
- Infrastructure Support
- Provide fleet management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all fleet assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of fleet related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in fleet related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on fleet management.
- Any other related duties as required.
- Enforce global compliance with relevant UNHCR regulations, rules and procedures related to fleet management.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary school education with post- secondary training / certificate in logistics, business administration, commerce, economics or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing resources.
- Analytical thinking.
- Technological awareness.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Competency in any other UN language(s).
- Supply chain learning programmes and/or other procurement/logistics related training.
- Knowledge of MSRP/PeopleSoft or other ERP.
- Working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language is desirable.
Candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your motivation letter, resume and personal history form (P11), by e-mail with “Your name - Application for Supply Associate (Fleet Management) (TA) CVOnline” position in the subject line to: E-mail cím megjelenítése by 27 October 2015.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at this Link megjelenítése.