Tech People is a European provider of technical skills permanent recruitment and temporary contracting services for multiple industries.
Our Client is a global leader in the distribution of electrical supplies, serves three main end markets: industrial, commercial and residential.The Group operates in 38 countries, with a network of some 2,300 branches, and employs 30,000 people.
We are now searching for a
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER - WELDING (AK)
About the role:
Apply process improvement methodologies and Quality Assurance tools to improve customer service, supplier productivity, quality, cycle,
and delivery performance within an ISO9001-based Quality Management System (QMS). Support direct contact with some of the largest customers
and/or suppliers in several key vertical segments.
- Work with external customers, internal customers, suppliers and business leadership as needed to meet goals and communicate performance
- Develop and drive process consistency to ensure compliance with Customer requirements.
- Execute key Customer Service projects to reduce defects and cycle time and improve fulfillment
- Develop & implement ISO compliant processes for applicable business functions
- Conduct process audits and manage regulatory compliance requirements
- Drive Customer Quality improvements utilizing the Quality Dashboard metrics
- Manage non-conforming material, customer complaints, and Corrective/Preventive Action processes
- Lead internal and support external ISO audits
- Lead Cost of Quality reduction initiative for given area of responsibility
- Lead and track supplier/part qualifications & surveillance activities for assigned commodities or segments
- Monitor supplier performance to identify and drive process improvement, manage root cause analysis and corrective & preventive action implementation
- Partner with Sourcing to establish methods of evaluating existing suppliers, and approve potential suppliers through various assessment screens and quality metrics
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers to ensure product/process compliance with applicable standards and engineering specifications
- Review & interpret customer requirements; review & approve supplier quality documentation
- Evaluate Supplier performance trends via Non-conformance reports and Delivery reports
- Take proactive action with Suppliers that demonstrate unfavorable performance trends
- Lead Corrective Actions throughout the Supply base
- Work Experience: 5+ years of engineering or in quality management (metal parts, welding)
- Familiar with interpretation of engineering drawings / specifications, and manufacturing process evaluation
- Ability to identify and implement Best Practices
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated team and empowerment skills
- Strong PC skills (MS office suite)
- Willingness and ability to travel (>50%) as needed.
- Proven track record of the highest integrity level (reference check required)
- Fluent English & Hungarian language speaking & writing skills
- Experience with welding processes, either as a manufacturer of welded products or responsible for a supplier who manufactures welded products
- Experience with either American Weld Society (AWS) standards or other International/European Weld standards
- Experience with Non-destructive Test (NDT), or Visual Test (VT) and/or Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
• Attractive compensation package
• Professional development, challenging tasks and opportunities for internal career growth at a rapidly growing multinational company.
Job opportunity: full time, employee position
Location: Hungary, Pest county
Please submit your your CV online in English or contact for details: Adrienn Ködöböcz (E-mail cím megjelenítése)