Supplier Quality Engineer Semiconductors
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, driving and verifying effectiveness and re-creating breakthrough where necessary a global supplier quality strategy for continuous quality improvement of the suppliers and processes to meet customer expectation and to improve customer satisfaction for selected major accounts.
- Identify and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes and continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness
- Evaluate and verify supplier process controls and supplier quality systems, analyze product failures, facilitate writing and/or approve results of corrective actions of suppliers
- Exercise judgment in planning, organizing, performing, coordinating, directing and/or applying engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical issues at suppliers
- Review and update procedures and practices relating to part quality, design, fit and function to improve Flextronics product quality and reliability
- Supervise APQP activities in the region.
- Perform and/or support audits of critical suppliers regularly in order to ensure their compliance with ISO 9001 and/or ISO/TS 16949 requirements and other relevant quality standards. Responsible to coordinate audit activities with support of regional functions, when necessary
- Organize and lead quality workshops for suppliers to resolve and prevent specific quality issues. In-depth understanding of the supplier manufacturing processes when issues occurred
- Participate and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams including the automotive sites, suppliers and customer in understanding the magnitude of the issue and define together with the team corrective actions that are needed
- Implement and manage all developed automotive supplier management procedures for the selected accounts
- Conduct quality system and quality engineering training at supplier manufacturing facilities as required to achieve compliance and improvement
- Must have a thorough knowledge Automotive QMS System and input all Quality Audit Reports and 8Ds into Global Audit.
- Prepare and report global supplier quality performance during Management Reviews, as well as establishing baseline for supplier monitoring and performances
- Work with Regional Quality Engineering Managers and Regional/Site Quality Managers to help automotive manufacturing sites improve the quality of supplied parts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant engineering degree (e.g., Electrical / Electronic Engineering) is an adventage
- Minimum of 7 years in supplier quality engineering with increasing responsibilities including management of supplier quality engineering staff and cross-matrix organization interaction and communication
- More then 10 years experience in an Engineering/ Science field associated with SEMICONDUCTORS.
- Efficient with LEAN, Six Sigma, and Statistical concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical quality control, quality management, machining processes, manufacturing models, material science and metrology
- Strong knowledge of automotive concepts and requirements for a minimum of 7 years
- Good knowledge of AEQC, IPC requirements
- Experience with Receiving Inspection and associated metrology field for a minimum of 5 years
- Experience with a product's life cycle delivery (design, transfer, manufacturing, maintenance, service)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Root Cause Analysis techniques and MINITAB or equivalent statistical tools
- Training and/or Auditor Certificate in ISO 9001, VDA6.3, TS16949 and experience in Supplier Audits
- Experience in project management i.e. organized, capable to plan projects, decision-maker
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced English knowledge (Written, Spoken, Reading)
- Team oriented player – able to interact with different groups of people from different fields of expertise
- Able to work in team to achieve team objectives or to coordinate teams to achieve targets
- Flexibility to travel internationally (30%)