Reed Specialist Recruitment's international client is now looking for a Supplier Manager who will
manage existing and acquiring of partnership with appropriate suppliers.
The purpose of the role is to manage the supply chain processes & associated ad hoc requirements of the global operations.
- Create and drive buying strategy for each department by working closely with each area to understand business and its needs
- Work with production heads in each department to build the most appropriate supply chain model
- Support production units where appropriate to build up knowledge and external supplier base
- Manage all rate and contract negotiations with existing and new suppliers to ensure services are purchased effectively and at competitive rates in support of year-on-year productivity improvements, operational cost reductions and business growth
- Design a comprehensive supplier performance programme and utilize this to manage, track and drive performance, ensuring feedback is given and penalties imposed in line with current guidelines
- Act as escalation route for all supplier issues and concerns
- Ensure all purchasing aligns with all corporate direction and policies
- Adhere to services purchasing cycle to include raising purchase orders and resolving invoice queries
- Minimum 5 years experience of working at a senior role of service purchasing in a multinational environment.
- Good understanding of supplier performance management
- Proven track record of successful negotiation
- Fluent English language skills
- Proven strategic planning & organisational skills
- Degree level qualification
- Good understanding of global and local markets of professional services
- Effective communicator at all levels, with first rate influencing skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Demonstrable track record in sourcing of professional services irrespective of location